We’ve all heard of Cuban sandwiches, right? That delicious bread, with pulled pork, ham and Swiss cheese, pickles and mustard. Makes my mouth water just thinking about. But of course, anything with a tart pickle and mustard just gets me.
So when I saw a recipe for Cuban chicken, I needed more info. Imagine all this flavors, stuffed in a chicken breast and baked to perfection. Now, Craig doesn’t eat ham or pork, so I had to modify one a bit for him. Either way it was delicious.
I served with air fryer cooked French fries, which were a perfect fit.
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2/3 c. yellow mustard
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 6 slices ham
- 6 Slices swiss cheese
- 2/3 c. dill pickle chips, halved
- Preheat oven to 400º. Place chicken on a cutting board and make 5 slits in each breast, being careful not to cut through completely.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together mustard, honey, and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper and rub all over chicken breasts.
- Place breasts on a medium cooking tray and stuff each with ham, cheese, and pickle chips.
- Bake until chicken is cooked through and no longer pink, 25 minutes. Serve.