A few months ago my Husband came across this recipe and asked me to make it. I filed it in the “to be made” file. (Those who know me know that I have TONS of files in my notes section of my phone/iPad) so this past week I was bored with the menu ideas and decided to search the to be made file and came across this recipe. I recent was given a couple Stonefire pizza crusts, so I decided to use those. Also I didn’t have pine nuts so I subbed pistachios.
I served it with a delicious Greek Tomato Salad!
Roasted Red Pepper Pita Pizza
- 1 jar (12 oz.) roasted red peppers, drained and patted dry
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (subbed pistachios)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 pita flatbreads (or 2 pack of pizza crusts)
- 1 can (14 oz.) quartered artichokes hearts, drained
- 1/4 cup Kalamata olives, pitted and halved
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Place roasted red peppers, Parmesan cheese, nuts and garlic in the bowl of a food processor; process until well blended.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place pita on baking sheet.
- Top each pita with red pepper pesto, artichokes, olives, feta and parsley.
- Bake 12-15 minutes until pita is crisp and cheese is softened. Refrigerate leftovers.