Today I decided to make Parmesan Brodo as a base to boil my homemade ravioli, then become a sauce for the pasta.
I started the Brodo this morning and let it simmer all day. Cooked the ravioli, the tightened it up a d coated the pasta. It was amazing.
- 2 Parmesan rinds
- 2 carrots peeled and chopped
- 3 celery stalk chopped
- 4-5 garlic cloves
- 1 onion halved
- 4 sprigs fresh oregano
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 5-5 whole peppercorns
- Salt to taste
- 8 cups broth
- To a large saucepan, combine the Parmesan rinds, carrots, celery, garlic, onions, oregano, thyme, bay leaf and salt.
- Add 8 cups broth and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Simmer the broth for 1 hour 15 minutes, adjusting the heat to maintain a simmer and stirring occasionally to prevent sticking. (I simmered 6 hours)
- Turn off the heat and allow the broth to cool slightly
- Once cooled, strain Brodo, removing all solids. Place in containers. You can refrigerate or freeze until needed.