Baked Feta Pasta
- 1 lb pasta
- 1/2 cup olive oil + more for finishing
- 2 boxes cherry tomatoes (around 20-25 oz)
- 1 block feta about 8 oz
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons Dried oregano
- a few pinches red pepper flakes
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400. Add olive oil to a baking dish and toss with whole cherry tomatoes, garlic cloves, oregano, salt and pepper until everything is coated.
- Add the feta in the middle and top with a splash more of olive oil plus a few pinches of fresh ground pepper. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare pasta according to directions then strain. Reserving a cup or so on the pasta water.
- After the 25 minutes has past, turn the heat up to 450 and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until the feta tomatoes and garlic have browned.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven, add red pepper flakes and stir so the residual heat releases the flavors from the red pepper flakes.
- Toss in the pasta and stir one more time. If mixture is too dry, loosen with 1/4 cup pasta water. Add 1/4 cup at a time, until you achieved the consistency you want. Finish with fresh basil, another splash of olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
Note: a few chopped kalamata olives would taste great tossed in, right before serving.
Also, if you can’t find block Feta, crumbled feta works just fine.
Can’t wait to try this with a creamy goat cheese or Brie. Mmmm!