A few years back, we visited a friend in Arizona. She made a delicious side dish that I kept thinking of weeks later. So I contacted her for the recipe, and adapted it to. Are it a main dish, by adding chicken. As most of my recipes are, it’s quick and easy! Enjoy!!
Green Chili Rice Bake with Chicken
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 (4 oz.) cans diced green chilies
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cups shredded Monterrey Jack or pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine rice and remaining ingredients, reserving 1 cup of the cheddar cheese for topping.
- Transfer the rice mixture to a greased 2 quart baking dish. Cover and bake for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven and sprinkle with the reserved cup of cheddar cheese.
- Place under the broiler for about 2 minutes, or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Garnish with additional chopped cilantro, if desired.