I love the flavors in Asian cooking. So when I am motivated to make something quick and easy, and levitate towards cooking Asian faire.
This is a dish I made on a hot summer day, that I knew we needed something flavorful and light.
Typically this would be served in lettuce cups, but I opted to switch it up to a tortilla wrap.
Thai Chicken Wraps
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp red curry paste
- 1 tbsp ginger, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 4 green onions chopped
- 1 cup cabbage shredded or coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 tsp salt (to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper (to taste)
- 5 leaves basil, chopped
- 4-6 tortillas
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat until oil is very hot. Add ground chicken and cook until no longer pink and starts to brown, break it up with a wooden spoon as necessary. Should take about 3 minutes.
- Add red curry paste, ginger, garlic, peppers, coleslaw mix, and stir-fry for another 3 minutes. Add hoisin sauce and green onions, and toss. Remove from heat then add basil and toss.Transfer cooked chicken to a bowl.
- Alternatively, place a tortilla on a cutting surface, place a cup or so of the mixture in the center of the tortilla, and fold both ends in, and roll to make a burrito style wrap. We also added a small about of rice. Cut in half, and serve