This salad!! I started making this back in the late 90’s, even before I found my niche with cooking. It’s so versatile. Over the years I’ve used it as a salad dressing, atop a bed of chopped green leaf or butter lettuce, I’ve put it on warm rice, scooped it with chips, added chicken and pasta….the possibilities are truly endless.
Southwestern Black Bean Salad
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons lime juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 30 ounces black beans cans
- 1 1/2 cups corn kernels
- 1 small red bell pepper stemmed, seeded and diced
- 1 small green bell pepper stemmed, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped or flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 1/4 cup red onion chopped
- 1/2 cup cubed cheese
- 4 stalks of Celery, diced
- In a large bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients.
- Whisk until combined. Then add the salad ingredients.
- Toss to coat.